Public Masses at St Francis
Mass times from 24th May 2021
Monday, Wednesday and Friday – 12.15pm
(unless a bank holiday when Mass will be at 10am)
Saturday – 6pm
Sunday – 9am 10:30am 12noon
GOVERNMENT GUIDANCE PERMITS ONLY THOSE SITTING IN DESIGNATED SEATING AND WEARING A FACE COVERING.
The times for Masses at St Francis of Assisi, Stratford are above. In accordance with current guidelines and restrictions due to Covid 19 we need to restrict numbers permitted into the Church at any one time.
There will be weekday Masses on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10:15 and Sunday Masses continue as above
THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PEOPLE PERMITTED IN THE CHURCH IS 80. You may have to return for another Mass or forego Mass if numbers exceed this maximum. We ask for you to be respectful and to co-operate with the ushers and stewards.
Please wait to be seated by one of the Stewards in order to ensure social distancing and that everyone is seated in an orderly fashion. The celebration of Mass will be restricted, but as prayerful as possible. Some of the readings and prayers will be omitted. There will be no choir, singing or hymn books and no Holy Water will be available.
- The Church will open at least 15 minutes before every Mass.
- Enter by the main doors only and exit by the side door only (near the Sacristy). It is important that social distancing be maintained at all times.
- You must wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth and sanitize your hands on entry to the church.
- The main door will close if the church is full, and no further parishioners will be admitted.
- The Sacristy will only be open for the use of the priests.
- There will be NO toilet facilities available – which may affect some people’s decision to come to Mass.
- In the interests of public safety and to ensure we comply with all the necessary guidelines anyone failing to follow the instructions of the ushers and stewards will be refused admittance to the Church. We hope this will not be necessary and your co-operation and understanding is needed at this difficult time.
- Volunteers are needed to act as stewards and to help as cleaners. If you wish to volunteer contact the Parish Office
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU ARE IN A VULNERABLE GROUP YOU MUST CONSIDER YOUR OWN HEALTH AND THE WELL-BEING OF OTHERS BEFORE COMING TO MASS. IF YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD ARE DISPLAYING COVID 19 SYMPTONS YOU MUST NOT COME TO MASS. PLEASE STAY SAFE BY STAYING AT HOME.
In the coming days we will ensure that social distancing measures are put into place in the Church together with the provision of hand sanitizers. The obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains suspended at this time. PLEASE CHECK THIS, THE PARISH WEBSITE, FOR FURTHER UPDATES AND INFORMATION:
PAX ET BONUM
From the Archbishops of England – “It is important to reaffirm that, at present, the obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains suspended.” Read the letter from the Archbishops here.